The survey revealed items such as the lady who had her family carry her bath tub through the airport at JFK expecting the item to be checked in – it wasn't even wrapped or packaged – she just turned up with it at the check in desk!
From a giant wheel of cheese to a car engine, the survey revealed the strangest items that turn up at Virgin Atlantic check in desks around the world.
1) A pet tarantula hidden in a ladies coat at JFK airport.
2) A dead cow wrapped in plastic at JFK airport.
3) A bag of cutlery previously stolen from a Virgin Atlantic flight at Delhi airport.
4) A couple who fell in love on the island of Grenada decided to try and check in a bag full of sand, sea and water as a memory from the island they met and fell in love on.
5) A bag of soil and coconut trees at Grenada airport.
Greg Dawson, Director of Corporate Communications commented:
"Virgin Atlantic check-in staff see thousands of passengers on a daily basis but every now and then, a passenger will arrive at check in with something you would never expect – it certainly brightens up their day."
To book a flight with Virgin Atlantic, log onto www.virginatlantic.com or call 800.862.8621.