WEBSITE OF THE DAY: AirShipVentures.com

AirShipVentures.com
I was just in San Francisco, checking out one of the area’s newest and best hotels -- Cavallo Point. I will write about this restored historic landmark in detail in a few weeks. But for now, I have to share with you what I saw, staring out at their incredible view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Every day, I kept seeing this enormous blimp flying overhead. It turns out it’s the return of the Zeppelin! It’s run by Airship Ventures and they indeed fly a Zeppelin NT airship around the San Francisco Bay Area for daily sightseeing flights and other moneymaking missions. They are based out of Moffett Field (near Mountain View) but it will also fly out of North Oakland and Sonoma County airports soon. A one-hour flight is $495 per person and two hours is $950. The gondola seats up to 12 passengers and they cruise at an altitude of 1,200 feet going 35 to 40 mph. Looks like a pretty cool way to get a view of the city by the bay. I just might have to check it out the next time I’m up there to do a feature story.
Share on :
WEBSITE OF THE DAY: AirShipVentures.com
WEBSITE OF THE DAY: AirShipVentures.com
Reviewed by sayna tasya
Published :
Rating : 4.5